(This article details our 2018-2019 Introduction to Hockey program)
Golden Spike Hockey provides the opportunity for any child to try hockey before they make a commitment.
The program requirements are as follows:
1. The child must be between the ages of 3 to 14 years old.
2. The child can only use the "Intro to Hockey" program with Golden Spike once. If the child participated in another hockey "Try For Free" program, they are not eligible to participate.
3. All hockey equipment is required, except shoulder pads. The helmet must fit properly without the use of articles of clothing to make it fit (e.g. the use of a stocking hat).
4. Equipment can be borrowed from Golden Spike Hockey with a $100 deposit. Upon completion of the trial, should you choose to discontinue playing, your entire deposit will be returned to you when the equipment is returned. Should your player continue for the season, $75 will be returned to you at the end of the season upon equipment return. Helmets with facemasks can be purchased at very reasonable prices and a proper-fitting certified helmet is important to your player's safety. We are happy to help you in finding a safe helmet/facemask at your desired price level.
5. The trial period consists of four (4) consecutive ice times as posted on the schedule, NOT four (4) actual ice time skates. (For example: if the child starts on September 17th and the next available ice times are September 22, 24, and 29, those days will be considered the ice times available for the trial. If the child misses one of those days, there will not be an extra day added to the trial.
6. Registration with USA Hockey is required for the program. Please visit the link below to register your player with USA Hockey. Please bring your USA Hockey registration information on the first day. This is a yearly registration and will be valid for all Golden Spike and USA Hockey sancitioned events for the year.
Check back for registration details....